Social Media Marketing Intern - San Francisco - Dogpatch office
Outdoorsie is a sports tech startup that helps those with with a sporting expertise connect with people who want an immersive sporting experience.
We are looking for a self-motivated, organised and proactive Social Media Marketing guru to take ownership of and drive our social media and online community activities. We’re looking for a socially savvy digital native who can manage our day-to-day social media across all social channels, engage with our community online and report on our progress. You’ll get the chance to work with the founding team and across the business and will contribute in a massive way in building the company's audience. This is a hands-on role to grow our social presence, develop new relationships with influencers and engage existing audiences, as well as be the internal guru on all things social.
You’ll also have the chance to help create and project manage written, video, audio and graphic content initiatives. This is ideal for someone interested in helping generate awesome content and getting it in the hands of sports guides, coaches, trainers, customers and influencers.
- Own and drive social media to achieve growth of channels, engagement and action
- Ensure social media activity is aligned with overall marketing objectives
- Plan, create and schedule engaging and dynamic content to drive engagement
- Create engaging content of various formats such as articles and graphics
- Develop influencer outreach programme across multiple social media channels
- Real-time monitoring of social media channels, engaging and responding to new and existing conversations
- Research new trends and techniques to identify potential opportunities
- Regular reporting on performance
- Be the social media knowledge hub in Outdoorsie and help educate the wider team on new technology, platforms and techniques
- Help support our Customer Support function
- Report directly to the Founding team
- Proactive, organised & super creative
- At least 2 years experience managing multiple social and community channels
- Proven experience using social media management tools for scheduling, listening and analysis
- Ability to understand social data to provide insight and recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with a flair for the creative (yet precise)
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience mastering the latest social media technologies
- Proficient knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and similar software
- Outgoing and social by nature, with a team player mindset
- Can provide examples of social and content work
- And are awesome!